How long does aka rush last?
Rush begins the undergrad membership process. It lasts about 4 days, with each day sporting a different focus. If you don’t attend Rush, you’re ineligible for AKA consideration.
How do you impress sororities during rush?
Sorority Rush Tips: 13 Ways to Get the Bid You Want
- 1) Be yourself.
- 2) Do your research.
- 3) Do not rely on reputations.
- 4) Explore the different kinds of Greek life opportunities on campus.
- 5) Learn how to best market yourself.
- 6) Be outgoing.
- 7) Dress the part.
- 8) Be honest with yourself.
How do you stand out during rush?
One of the most important tenets? Be open and honest with everyone around you. This might seem obvious, but some of the time, people feel like they have to put on a front. Some sisters-to-be will go out of their way to create (what they believe to be) a “perfect” version of themselves, free of uncertainties.
What happens during rushing?
Rush usually consists of a few rounds. During these rounds, sisters meet potential new members. The women talk, perform skits, sing songs and share personal stories about what the sisterhood means to them. As rush progresses, potential new members and sororities list their choices in order of preference.
What should I wear to AKA rush?
Again, you can stick with a skirt, shorts, statement pants, or a casual dress, but elevate the look with a slightly more formal top or accessories. You don’t have to wear heels during this round, but you totally can if you want to. Otherwise, flats will suffice.
What should you not ask during rush?
That means whatever you say is a reflection of not only you, but your sorority….General small talk rules for potential new members and sisters
- Swearing or cussing.
- Talking poorly about other people.
- Being too blunt.
- Being fake.
- Acting like you’re already a sister of that chapter.
What should you not wear for Rush?
“Hoochie-Wear” Speaking of discos… Rush is not a club event. There’s no need to look like you’re going out to party. Refrain from deep necklines, booty shorts, backless dresses or cutouts, or things that are obviously too tight.
What should you not talk about during rush?
So when talking to potential new members you need to:
- Speak positively about your sorority and sisters in your chapter.
- Avoid talking about sorority drama.
- No swearing or cussing.
- Don’t lie about your sorority.
- Don’t speak negatively about other sororities or fraternities.
- Don’t guarantee PNMs a bid to your sorority.
What kind of questions do they ask during rush?
Be Prepared: Recruitment Questions
- Where are you from? What’s your hometown?
- What dorm are you in?
- What classes are you taking?
- Do you have a major already?
- Did you have a fun summer?
- How are you enjoying rush/recruitment?
- Have you met your roommate yet?
- How are you enjoying your first week of school so far?
What are the rounds of rush?
Generally, most sororities do recruitment in four rounds: open house, house tours, skit/philanthropy, and preference. Some sororities may only have three if the sorority doesn’t have a house.