How do I fix my taskbar not responding?
How can I fix my Taskbar in Windows 10?
- Check drivers.
- Restart Windows Explorer.
- Perform a PowerShell fix.
- Reinstall apps or ShellExperienceHost and Cortana.
- Update your system.
- Perform System Restore.
- Use Troubleshooter.
- Start Application Identity Service.
How do I unfreeze my taskbar Windows 10?
Windows 10, Taskbar frozen
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Under the Head “Windows Processes” of the Processes Menu find Windows Explorer.
- Click on it and then Click on Restart button on the bottom right.
- In a few seconds Explorer restarts and Taskbar starts working again.
How do I fix my frozen taskbar?
Why does my taskbar keep freezing Windows 10?
Cause of Windows 10 Taskbar Not Responding The Windows 10 taskbar may be frozen for a variety of reasons, including an incomplete operating system update, an update bug, corrupted system files, or corrupted user account files.
What causes not responding in Windows 10?
Windows 10 may stop responding if there is virus or malware. So run a virus scan across your entire Windows system. If any malware has been detected, follow the instructions provided by the antivirus program to fix it. Then restart your computer and try to launch your program again to see if it works.
How do I fix explorer exe not responding?
Fix: Windows Explorer not responding
- Method 1: Automatically restart the Windows Explorer in the Task Manager.
- Method 2: Manually restart the Windows Explorer with the Command Prompt.
- Method 3: Restart the explorer.exe process with a batch file.
- Method 4: Clear the File Explorer history.
Why is my taskbar stuck?
The Windows 10 taskbar may be frozen for a variety of reasons, including an incomplete operating system update, an update bug, corrupted system files, or corrupted user account files.